Monday, December 29, 2008

Our family is growing

It has been quite a few days since I have written because we flew into Utah for the wedding on Saturday. It went wonderful, it was a cold day with snow piled up everywhere, but the sun was shining and we had a wonderful time. Brad looked so happy and Krystal made a beautiful bride. It was only 17 degrees with the wind chill outside when we were taking the wedding photos outside of the Temple. I hope the photographer will be able to photoshop out the red noses and our breath. ( You can see it, it was that cold!)

Krystal had a lot of family there and it was fun meeting them all. It is sorta weird to have never met someone, and then realize that you are now family. Of course I don't think you can ever have too many friends so ....we are excited to have more.

The reception was beautiful and all the decorations came out great. Krystal's family did it all! We had a lot of people come through and it was wonderful to see everyone. It was fun because I got to see a few friends that we haven't seen in years. I was just grateful that they recognized me after all these years! :)

I think the hardest part of the reception for me was having so much pain wearing my prosthetic, I do believe that I am going to have to return to Nordstrom and asked to be refitted. I even cut up an old tie to shove under the bra to get some relieve from the tightness of it. I am wondering if it will always be like this or will I finally get used to all of this and feel like it is second skin? I can't believe it will ever be comfortable again. Wow, I just need to have a week when I don't have any pain in that whole area. I guess that is why it is hard for me to even imagine that I might have to go through any other procedures that could bring pain. I think that I am a tough person but lately I haven't felt that way.

Sunday brought me back to reality on how much energy was used to fly here, do all the family stuff, wedding and reception. Finally my body rebelled and I didn't get up Sunday till 4:00pm. I was wiped out and felt like I was catching something and so I decided to stay here for a couple more days with Lauren, so that I could rest and be able to attend my nephew's wedding reception which will be tomorrow night. Jeff, Amy and Lee flew home last night and arrived in Seattle and home around midnight. I am so grateful that I was tucked into bed by then, that would have been too much for me I am sure.

It is weird having another child married, how can we be that old? I am happy though that everything turned out in the long run and that the weather permitted us to be there all together.
So I am not sure when I will get to write again, I return home on Wednesday. I hope all of you have had a wonderful Christmas holiday. Thanks for sharing this journey with me.

Abraham Lincoln:
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Tom Mullen:
Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.

1 comment:

Matt and Cristina said...

It was so fun to be with you guys! I'm glad you could come. Hopefully you won't be too worn out when you get home. It's is strange to watch our families grow... Love you lots!