I love November, actually I love every part of Fall. But after all the candy apples are made and the ghost, bats and jack-o-laterns are put away… it is November! It is the month of Gratitude. I love the whole spirit that comes with the season. I think it is perfect to get us ready for the Christmas holiday, another self less month. I hope we all Think to Thank this month. Life during the holidays are busier than ever, yet this is the time that we need to slow down, count our many blessings and Think to Thank those who mean so much to us.
So tonight I will close with a few things that I am Thankful for…
1. Thankful for my health, just 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Cancer for the second time. I am thankful to have my surgery, treatments and illnesses behind me. I never take my health for granted. How blessed I feel to be healthy once again.
2. Thankful for my family, in the last few years it has grown and with it… has the love we have for one another. Watching the kids grow up and have their own lives and own families, has been exciting for us . And of course another benefit of having your kids be parents themselves, is those sweet little grandchildren. I really believe that they are here to remind us what life is really about.
3. Thankful for my home. Thankful that it is big enough for our family and friends. Thankful to have heat, clothing and food to eat, I realize so many don’t have even that.
4. Thankful to live in this free country. It truly is beautiful and a blessing to live here.
5.Thankful for my friends and neighbors. Life is better because of them!
6. Thankful for my talents and the ability and opportunity to share them with others. Also, thankful to have others share their talents with me.
7. Thankful to know that I am a child of God and that we have the chance to communicate with Him through prayer. Thankful the guidance He gives me.
8. Thankful for the internet and the good things it brings… like the ability to share my blog with others. We are truly blessed to have the lines of communication that we do.
9. Thankful for all the little things in life, that make life sooooooooooo worth it!
Good night dear friends!
“This is a wonderful time to be living here on earth. Our opportunities are limitless. While there are some things wrong in the world today, there are many things right, such as teachers who teach, ministers who minister, marriages that make it, parents who sacrifice, and friends who help.
We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues. “ ~ Thomas S. Monson
“Think to thank. In these three words you have the finest capsule course for a happy marriage, the formula for enduring friendships, and a pattern for personal happiness.” ~ Thomas S. Monson