I was talking to a friend the other day and they were telling me how stressed out they were, about a few different things that was going on in their life. I have to admit, lowing the stress level isn't easy to do but sooooo necessary. We receive a mailer from Boeing and many times it is about health issues, this one was particularly good and so I thought I would share it with you!
Stress is a natural part of life. Whether it's a loss of a job or an argument with a spouse, everyone faces challenges. And while you can't predict the future, you can still prepare for the adversity it may bring.
The ability to cope with stress and bounce back from problems in positive ways is called resilience! Here's how to build your resiliency reserve.
- PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL... "Most happy people pay greater attention to happy experiences." Practice bringing purposeful, nonjudgmental attention every experience of your life, no matter how big or small.
- FOCUS ON WHAT YOU CAN CONTROL...Accept that you can't change the past and often can't change other people. Instead, take an objective look at your experiences and interactions and learn from them. Use these lessons to control how you respond to challenges.
- PRACTICE OPTIMISM... Research shows that being positive can help you bounce back from difficult situations.
- FORGIVE... When you offer forgiveness, you release stress
- GAIN PERSPECTIVE...Decide what's most important in your life-such as relationships and spirituality- and emphasize those areas of your life.
- RELAX...Practice relaxation skills, such as deep breathing and meditation, to help you cope.
- LAUGH...A sense of humor is key to dealing with life's ups and downs. "Do not postpone joy. Despite the stress in our lives, we must preserve our sense of humor and continue to engage with life" says Dr. Sood.
- MAKE CONNECTIONS...Create a support network of friends and family. Grow your network by joining clubs, civic organizations or faith-based groups.
- VISUALIZE RESILIENCE... Imagine yourself as someone who bounces back from adversity!
"In order to succeed, people need a sense of self-efficacy, struggle together with resilience to meet the inevitable obstacles and inequities of life." ~ Albert Bandura
"Who has not first tried to get out of a tough situation before truly dealing with it?" ~ Mary O'Neill
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
I do believe that all these things really work and I also realize just when you think that you have figure them out then life will send something new and maybe even harder at you . So we need to keep these points somewhere we can look at them often.
Good night dear friends!