I remember hearing not too long ago, that a mom of a particular family of multiples, had a book out.
Everyone was coming to her book signing, they couldn't wait to know how a successful ( or at least someone who looked successful) mom could raise such an amazing family. This morning when I was checking out at the grocery store, I saw this very same mom and dad and they were getting a divorce and how each one was cheating on the other ones and also how upset the kids were. Now first of all, there is NO proof that any of those tabloids are truth but it did make me think ...how many people read those on a daily basis, and also follow all the details on their lives too. Are these our role models? Remember, NOT everything that goes to print ...is true! It is hard to believe that there are companies and people, would lie about anything... to make a buck, but it is true.
So if were could pay less attention to all the falsehoods that are on the Internet, TV and in the papers...maybe we could focus more on our real ROLE MODELS. Maybe we could take the time we need to think and realize who we really look up to? I read an article of a man who said that his dad was a great role model for him throughout his life and then he shared the 9 lessons that he learned from his dad. Here they are...
1. Believe in God. Faith in Him will get you through life's storms.
2. Be honest and upright. Live a clean life, true to your principles and without deceit.
3. Dream and dream big. Righteous dreams do come true.
4. Share inspiring stories. Stories move us and connect us as human beings.
5. Read a lot. If knowledge is power, reading is your access to that power.
6. Work hard. Work is a blessing.
7. Give freely. What you give or how much matters little, only that you give often and give what you can.
8. Enjoy Clean humor. Laughter unlocks your heart and makes life fun.
9. Let music soothe you. Worthy music speaks to your soul. ~Benson E. Misalucha
At the end of this article, Benson said... " Choose your role models wisely because they become your heroes. You will remember what they would do, and that becomes your pattern, enabling you to make wise decisions."
Thank you for being a great role model for me and my family.
"I studied the lives of great men and famous women, and I found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm and hard work." ~Harry S. Truman
"People never improve unless they look to some standard or example higher and better than themselves.' ~ Tyron Edwards
"People seldom improve when they have no other model but themselves to copy." ~ Oliver Goldsmith
As you get older it is harder to have heroes ,but it is sorta of necessary" ~Ernest Hemingway