Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Follow the Light!

A talk that Jeff and I heard on Sunday during General Conference that made us stop and think. In that talk we were challenged to pick out one verse of scripture each week and Ponderize on it. The speaker went on to say that Ponderize is not in the dictionary but his explanation of the word was it is more like a combination of 2 things.. the first is 80% should be pondering about this scripture and the other 20% was in memorizing the scripture. Then he went on to explain how to do that in 2 simple steps, here they are...

First, choose a verse of scripture each week and place it where you will see it every day.
Second, read or think of the verse several times each day and ponder the meaning of its words and key phrases throughout the week.
Imagine the uplifting results of doing this weekly for six months, a year, 10 years, or more.
As you make this effort, you will feel an increase in spirituality. You will also be able to teach and lift those you love in more meaningful ways.
If you choose to ponderize weekly, you may feel a bit like a person who has enjoyed snorkeling in the past but has now decided to try scuba diving. With that decision, a deeper understanding of gospel principles will be yours and new spiritual perspectives will bless your life.
As you reflect on your selected verse each week, words and phrases will be written on your heart.4 Words and phrases will also be written on your mind. In other words, memorization will take place easily and naturally. But the primary goal of ponderizing is to provide an uplifting place for your thoughts to go—a place that keeps you close to the Spirit of the Lord.
The Savior said, “Treasure up in your minds continuallythe words of life.”5 Ponderizing is a simple and edifying way to do just that.

I have to admit, there are so many negative things in the world that floods our minds on a daily basis, through, Television, Radio and Internet. It is easy for our thoughts to become worried and discouraged. Why not have a higher place for our thoughts to go? It was a brillant idea and Jeff and I wanted to try and incorperate that in our day. Here is the scripture I picked...
St.John chapter 12

 35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
 36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. 

When I think of light, and people who have light in their lives, I am grateful to have them in my life. I am drawn to people who have that light, that hope, that happiness, that kindness that truly makes you want to be with them as much as you can. People who have that light, truly are the happiest people I know. I think that is exactly what type of people the Lord expects us to be at all times, not just on Sunday or when we know someone is watching us!
So this was one of the great spiritual message that I got this weekend.
I will let you know how it goes!
Good Night dear friends!

You can watch or read it yourself HERE:

No comments: