In a post a week or so ago, I wrote about how important it is to be a finisher. There are times when it seems like the challenge you are facing, is just too big and too hard to handle. But it is vital that we stay in the game of life and finish! To quit should never be an option. So here are a few marks of a true finisher, I hope they encourage you as much as they did me tonight!
"Times change, circumstances vary, but the true marks of a finisher remain. Note them well, for they are vital to our success.
1. The Mark of Vision...It has been said that the doorways of history turn on small hinges, and so do people's lives. We are constantly making small decisions. The outcome determines the success or failure of our lives.
2. The Mark of Effort...Vision without effort is daydreaming, effort without vision is drudgery; but vision, coupled with effort, will obtain the prize.
3. The Mark of Faith...Recognize that faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind at the same time, for one will dispel the other.
4. The Mark of Virtue...Let virtue garnish they thoughts, this will provide staying power in the race we run.
5. The Mark of Courage... Courage becomes a living and attractive virtue when it is regarded not as a willingness to die manfully, but the determination to live decently. Have the courage_____ and you will thus become a finisher!
6. The Mark of Prayer...When the burdens of life become heavy, when trials test one's faith, when pain and sorrow, and despair cause the light of hope to flicker and burn low, communication with our Heavenly Father provides peace. ~Thomas S. Monson
"CHALLENGES ARE WHAT MAKE LIFE INTERESTING; OVERCOMING THEM IS WHAT MAKES LIFE MEANINGFUL" ~ Joshua J. Marine
"Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be." ~Grandma Moses
"The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it." ~C.C. Scott