"The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home" ~ Harold B. Lee
- ...Make sure that we as parents are at the crossroads for our kids when they are coming and going, when they leave and return from school, when they leave or return from dates, when they bring friends home. Always be there at the crossroads!
- ...Take time to be a real friend to your children. Listen to your children, really listen. Talk to them, laugh and joke with them, sing with them, play with them, cry with them, hug them, honestly praise them. Regularly spend one on one time with each child. Be a real friend to your children.
- ...Take time to read to your children. Starting from the cradle, read to your sons and daughters. … You will plant a love for good literature and a real love for the scriptures if you will read to your children regularly.
- ...Take time to pray with your children. Hold family prayers morning and night. Have your children feel of your faith as you call down the blessings of heaven upon them. … Have your children participate in family and personal prayers.
- ...Take time to have a meaningful weekly home evening. Have your children actively involved. Teach them correct principles. Make this one of your family traditions. …
- ...Take time to be together at mealtimes as often as possible. This is a challenge as the children get older and lives get busier. But happy conversation, sharing of the day’s plans and activities, and special teaching moments occur at mealtime because parents and children work at it.
- ...Take time daily to read the scriptures together as a family. … Reading will bring increased spirituality into your home and will give both parents and children the power to resist temptation. It will change the lives of your family.
- ... Take time to do things as a family. Make family outings and picnics and birthday celebrations and trips special times and memory builders. Whenever possible, ...attend, as a family, events where one of the family members is involved, such as a school play, a ball game, a talk, a recital. ...Attend Church meetings together.
- ...Take time to teach your children. Catch the teaching moments at mealtime, in casual settings, or at special sit-down times together, at the foot of the bed at the end of the day, or during an early-morning walk together. …
- A mother and Father's love and prayerful concern for their children are the most important ingredients in teaching them. Teach children gospel principles. Teach them it pays to be good. Teach them there is no safety in sin. Teach them a love for the gospel of Jesus Christ and a testimony of its divinity.
- ...Teach your sons and daughters modesty, and teach them to respect their bodies. To have respect for other's modesty also.
- ...Teach them a love for work and the value of a good education.
- ...Teach them the importance of the right kind of entertainment, including appropriate movies, videos, music, books, and magazines. Discuss the evils of pornography and drugs, and teach them the value of living the clean life.
- ...Take the time to truly love your little children. Love your children like the Savior does.
Good night dear friends!