Well, I am late getting to my blog tonight. I will leave you with another goal setting example. Since January is almost over, I thought I should get all the last minute resolution and goal setting ideas in that I can…especially for me.
Good night dear friends!
If you ask most people what is their one major objective in life, they would probably give you a vague answer, such as, "I want to be successful, be happy, make a good living," and that is it. They are all wishes and none of them are clear goals.
Goals must be SMART:
1. S--specific. For example, "I want to lose weight." This is wishful thinking. It becomes a goal when I pin myself down to "I will lose 10 pounds in 90 days."
2. M--must be measurable. If we cannot measure it, we cannot accomplish it. Measurement is a way of monitoring our progress.
3. A--must be achievable. Achievable means that it should be out of reach enough to be challenging but it should not be out of sight, otherwise it becomes disheartening.
4. R--realistic. A person who wants to lose 50 pounds in~30 days is being unrealistic.
5. T--time-bound. There should be a starting date and a finishing date.
“this is my life. it is my one time to be me. i want to experience every good thing.” ~ Maya Angelou
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ~ Maya Angelou
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. ~ C.S. Lewis