Today at church one of the things we learned was about the importance of Smiling! Understanding what makes you Smile, and how that makes you feel and what a difference it can make in your life and in the lives of those around you. Choosing Happiness, Smiling, Hoping and Faith ...over Sadness, Despair, Depression and No Hope. How that truly does change your life for the better IF you choose that.
So tonight I would like to share with you 10 things that make me SMILE. Of our course I have way more than 10 things that make me smile, but I don't want you to go to sleep while I am talking to you! :)
1. My family...all my life, I hoped and dreamed of having my own family. Being close and sharing life with each other. I love my family, now I add onto that first blessing my Grandchildren, nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews ...all my Extended family.
2.My Beliefs...why because they keep me grounded. They remind me that I am not alone, and that I am a child of God and have great potential as His daughter. Knowing that truly makes me SMILE!
3. My Best Friend...yes Jeff is obviously in the # 1 answer too, but as my Best Friend...he truly makes me Smile a lot. How grateful I am for him in my life. He truly saved my life. He has always believed in me, when I didn't even believe in myself. He some how knew my potential, when I definitely lacked the ability to see that for myself.
4. My Sense of Humor...how grateful I am for the way that I see things in the world. Maybe sometimes they shouldn't be funny, but it seemed through laughter and humor sometimes that it was the only way I could survive some of the hardest things in life!
5.My Other Best Friends...Couldn't leave them out. So many of them have been life savers for me. They seem to know how a simple phone call or a cute card, can always bring a smile to my face.
6. Arts and Crafts/ Fabric Stores...I just smile and am immediately happy when I even walk in them. I smile to see all the talents that some people have, or for the inspiration they give me.
7. Little Children...I think it is truly hard for anyone to NOT SMILE when you look into a sweet little child's face. How they see and think about the world around them...truly should make anyone smile. They normally are very happy, happy people to be around. So any of you who struggle with finding a reason to SMILE...just go spend some time with a child.
8. Christmas Music...now my kids would laugh at this one, but it is true...actually anything associated with Christmas makes me SMILE, but I could hardly wait to get up this morning and go to church today...why? Because I knew we would be singing Christmas Carols. (Ok, just a quick confession...I listen to Christmas Music all year long...yes it definitely makes me SMILE.) Actually I think Christmas makes a lot of people SMILE. Saying Merry Christmas to a stranger, dropping money in the Salvation Army Bucket, sound of Jingle Bells, thinking of Others more than yourself...yes...Christmas any thing, makes me SMILE!
9. Living in Washington...I smile every day I wake up and realize I am so blessed to live in such a beautiful area. I love living here, I love the weather, I love the breathtaking views... Yes I love living in Washington.
10.Serving Others...from my childhood, I watched my Mom and Dad always giving to others. They were great example of Service to me. I never forgot the look on people's faces as my Dad or Mom would bring over a casserole, a box of oranges or a Lemon Jello Cake. Knowing that you are helping someone else, truly does make you SMILE.
As the Christmas Season is here, I smile thinking of that little baby Jesus, how grateful I am for His life and His example to all of us. I smile when I look at my Nativities and remembering the true meaning of Christmas. Serving, that is what Christmas is truly all about!
Thanks for sharing my Top 10 list with me.
I hope you are enjoying the Christmas Season in your hearts and homes.
And I hope you will slow down long enough to make your Top 10 Reasons to Smile for yourself.
It is a great experience to remember how many things there are in your life...that make you SMILE!
Good Night dear friends!